Johannesburg – Gauteng – South Africa
We are seeking a talented Scrum Master in the IT Software Engineering field to join one of largest Retail giants in South Africa. You will Contribute at a high level in providing expertise in defining the best solution options for any given opportunity. This exciting venture is based in up beat Sandton area, JHB. Furthermore, you will enjoying the perks of a perm role with the flexibilty of a hybrid model.
Our clients uses Agile Methodologies for project delivery and implementation. To execute Scrum
and Kanban Methodologies in Sprint for teams, Scrum master plays a crucial role and works more as
a conduit between product/line-of-business owners and development teams. The primary role of the
Scrum Master is to conduct agile ceremonies like planning, retrospection, review and daily stand-ups.
The Scrum Master is also responsible for report generation, eliminating impediments if the teams raise
any and keeping the stakeholders up to date with the progress of execution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the software development teams with applying the Scrum Framework
- Keeping the teams organised and on track by hosting daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, retrospective etc.
- Planning deliverables and helping teams monitor performance
- Resolving issues that hinder the teams’ work, resolving conflicts and removing obstacles that occur
- Working with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Assisting teams to implement changes effectively
- Ensuring that deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guiding development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Hosting daily team meetings to get updates on the progress of the projects, addressing potential roadblocks, and ensuring that the project is on track
- Hosting regular sessions to share updates with product stakeholders about how the project is progressing
- Ensuring that the team is meeting deadlines with the desired outcomes
- Sending timeous reports to the stakeholders, engaging with all parties and keeping everyone informed with progress updates
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for at least 5 years
- Familiarity with the software development environment and have a project management background
- Successfully implemented Agile implementation for teams and conducted PI planning workshops
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Scrum Master certification (mandatory)
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Must be capable of managing 3 or more teams simultaneously
Don’t waste time, apply now!