Architect: Project Lead (NON-IT)
IT ~ GENERAL
Johannesburg – Gauteng – South Africa
Are you passionate about Data Center Design and looking to make your mark within a growing and specialised architectural design business, built for the real needs of the African continent?
Our client is Johannesburg-based (hybrid) and have current project engagements in South Africa, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kuwait and Kenya. Providing you international experience and exposure.
- Registered architectural professional with a minimum of 7 to 8 years’ experience, which has made you technically proficient, with an excellent knowledge of building construction and engineering systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in the Data Centre industry, as an Architect or ‘Lead Designer’ or as a ‘Design Manager’.
- Great communication skills in a team setting, in-person as well as in writing.
- Ability to interface intelligently with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) with superior internationally- tested technical systems knowledge.
- Ability to maintain active collaboration processes with technical design and engineering groups.
- Ability to manage time and expectations in a professional manner.
- Strong and active working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Autodesk BIM360 Collaborate, Autodesk Construction Cloud, and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- A sound and current knowledge of South African SANS 10400 National Building regulations.
- Current knowledge of South African licensing and approvals processes.
- Ability to create documents and drawings to a high level of productivity, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Full understanding of the linkages between drawings and specifications, and of the sequencing of work steps that fully describe and guide constriction and procurement processes.
If you are interested in designing the future of how data is shared in Africa, please apply now!